These guidelines must be strictly adhered to ensure the safety of all jumpers units. Plan to provide responsible supervision at all times when the Moon Bounce is in use, even if it is only one jumper. We ask that you plan in advance to have a volunteer (or rotating volunteers) available to supervise the children. Historically, most accidents reported from Moon Bounce play have been attributable to the two basic causes:
- Exceeding the maximum capacity of jumpers by age group
- Combining unmatched players of differing age groups. Jumpers should be sorted by size.
- Only jumpers of the same size should be allowed in the Moon Bounce at the same time.
In addition to these two critical points, ensure that each supervisor is briefed on the below listed guidelines prior to assuming responsibility for the unit.
- The unit should not be used if wind exceeds 15 mph or in rain or lightning conditions.
- All jumpers must remove their shoes.
- Jumpers must remove loose or sharp objects including glasses and dangling jewelry.
- Glasses should be removed.
- Belts should be removed. (buckles could tear the vinyl)
- No food, drinks, pets, silly string, or gum should be allowed on or near the Moon Bounce.
- No open flame, flammables or smoking within 50 feet of the Moon Bounce.
- Absolutely no silly string or fireworks should be in the vicinity of the Moon Bounce.
- Ensure that there is no animal feces in the setup area.
- Keep children and guests away from blowers, electrical outlets, extension cords, and other equipment associated with the Moon Bounce rental.
- The Supervisor should assist the jumpers when they enter and exit the Moon Bounce.
- The Supervisor should position himself/herself in close proximity to the entrance of the Moon Bounce.
Emergencies can arise for various reasons. The following are a few examples of emergencies and how they can be handled. This is strictly a guide; please use common sense when an emergency occurs.
Bad weather can arrive in the form of rain, lightning or strong wind. In each case you want to evacuate the Moon Bounce as quickly and safely as possible. It is important to remember that the bounce blower is powered by electricity and that electricity and water don’t mix well. If rain is encountered, ask everyone to quickly and calmly exit the bounce. Once it is emptied, unplug the blower and allow the unit to deflate. Take the blower indoors, out of the weather for protection from the elements. Never use the unit in heavy rains or high winds. Once the weather has passed, plug the blower back in, allow the unit to inflate and have an adult dry the interior with a towel. This is very important, as the vinyl is very slippery when wet. Once dry, the bounce can be utilized again.
Remain Calm! If you panic your jumpers may also panic. Stay calm and stay focused on your job, which is to help your jumpers exit the Moon Bounce quickly, but in an orderly fashion.